We are desperately looking for pictures of Christopher Hart. Drop us a mail here!
Christopher Hart is the world’s best-selling author of how-to-draw books, with more than 100 titles published. His books have sold more than 7 million copies and have been translated into 20 languages. He is published by Random House, Soho Publishing and Walter Foster. Chris has had the rare distinction of having had the top 1, 2 & 3 art books in the country, simultaneously, as reported by Nielsen Bookscan.
Chris has also been featured on the cover of the publishing industry’s premier magazine, Publisher’s Weekly. He hosted How-To-Draw episodes for Comcast’s Activity TV channel, and has been featured on 20 videos for Howcast. His work has been licensed to art kits, board games and sports equipment.
Chris is known for his ability to create cute and dramatic characters, brimming with personality. He focuses on the most contemporary styles, genres, and techniques, in order to give his readers and fans the very latest in art instruction.
Few authors read and respond to every email they receive. But Chris does. Let him share his view on being an author: “It’s a privilege to be published as a cartoonist. I’m grateful to my readers, who make it happen. So if I can give something back, by offering a little encouragement, answering a question, or giving advice, why wouldn’t I? I honestly don’t understand authors who say they’re too busy to respond to their readers. The readers are why they are authors in the first place.”
In addition to his artwork, Chris also wrote original screenplays for 20th Century Fox, The Showtime Television Network, MGM Pathe’, and Paramount Pictures. He was a staff writer on several NBC, prime time comedies. And he was a regular contributor to Mad Magazine. His work has been published in a wide variety of magazines.
Chris studied art at the California School of the Arts, Paier School of Art, and the Silvermine School of Art. He graduated with a Bachelor of Arts from New York University.
[Biography text taken from https://christopherhartbooks.com/about/]
Christopher Hart is the son of Stan Hart.
He is the director and writer of the American comedy science-fiction horror movie 'Eat & Run'.
Examples of Stan and Christopher's MAD writing included with William M. Gaines interview:
Contributions by Christopher Hart
- Quantos Erros Você Consegue Encontrar Neste Desenho? (Writer with George Woodbridge)
- Quantos Erros Você Consegue Entender Neste Desenho? (Writer with Angelo Torres)
- Guia MAD para o Comportamento Social – Como não Ir de Mal a Pior! (Writer with Bob Jones)
- MAD Entrevista o Fabricante de Cigarros do Ano! (Writer with Mort Drucker)
- MAD – 60 Anos (Writer with Angelo Torres, Don Martin, Al Jaffee, Don Edwing, Frank Ridgeway, Brian Farrelly, Dick DeBartolo, James Bennett, Tom Cheney, Rick Tulka, Larry Siegel, Tom Richmond, Harry North, Ray Alma, Paul Peter Porges, Frank Jacobs, Donald K. Epstein, Mort Drucker, Jack Davis, Sergio Aragonés, Tom Koch, John Caldwell, Bob Clarke, Jack Rickard, George Woodbridge, Norman Mingo, Frank Kelly Freas, Dave Gantz, Sean Farrelly, Desmond Devlin, Mike Snider, Paul Coker, Jr., Arnie Kogen, Stan Hart, Irving Schild, Mark Fredrickson)
- Lugares Onde Você não Deve Usar Certas Cantadas (Writer with Al Jaffee)